Not everyone can foster, but everyone can do something to help create a community that encourages and supports foster families who are meeting the daily challenges and complex needs of children experiencing foster care. My Father’s Arrows has created a framework of opportunities of foster family support so that everyone can join together to help foster children throughout Northwest Florida and Southeast Alabama.
My Father’s Arrows commits to:
- Recruit and encourage potential foster/adoptive parents.
- Educate the community and advocate for the children.
- Lighten the load of foster families by making a meal, doing laundry, or completing other domestic duties as needed.
- Collect tangible resources such as extra beds, clothes, toys, shoes (We take donations daily at the My Father’s Thrift Store, but also call out for specific needs when they arise).
- Guide and mentor youth who have aged out of the system.
- Provide/deliver food to youth who have aged out of the system and need provisions.
- Set up and provide for the initial home needs of youth as they begin to live on their own for the first time.
Join us and help use serve the orphans in our community. Learn More. Everyone can do something – learn more about our volunteer opportunities!
James 1:27 “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”